UI Designer & Developer
Dribbble is the world’s premiere community for designers. We are a profitable and bootstrapped company helping the world’s design talent share their creations and get hired. Dribbble has grown to become the go-to resource for discovering and connecting with designers around the globe. All that said, we feel that we are just getting started.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join our team to help us realize our vision of building the world’s best platform where anyone who wants to interact with the design community will come to: share, socialize, network, hire, advertise, or find a job they love.
Why you want to work here:
Dribbble has a passionate community and a real business model. We're pro-having-a-life and family-friendly and our culture reflects that: 40-hour work weeks, flexible schedules, and a flexible vacation policy. If you work with us, you'll find out pretty quickly that we're goofballs, but we treat our employees like grownups (in the good ways, not by making them wear khaki pants.) We're a remote team and we're spread all across the land. We get together IRL a few times a year, but mostly we enjoy each other's company over Slack and video calls. If you live in Canada or the United States, you can join the team without worrying about relocating.
About The Role:
We're looking for a hybrid UI designer/developer with a passion for working in the design world to join our product team. This is a full-time, remote position for someone in the United States or Canada. As a UI designer/developer, here's what you'll be focused on:
- Collaborating with the product team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final integration with engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Creating, improving, and using wireframes, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Eliciting constructive feedback and interpreting that feedback into design solutions.
The requirements for the role are that you have:
- Great visual chops and a focus on simple, clear, responsive UI.
- Proficiency in Sketch or Figma, sketching ideas quickly and iterating.
- Ownership: the Dribbble community will depend on you to deliver a quality experience.
- You feel responsible for creating an excellent, end-to-end platform that supports the needs of our users.
- Comfort with data: you know when you don't know enough to make a design decision, and you seek out answers.
- An interest in exploration: you think about what to build now and what to build in the future.
- A solid perspective on how users engage with online communities.
- Made useful prototypes and wireframes (send us samples!) and experience working with style guides.
- A way with icons or illustration.
- 5+ years of professional UI design experience.
- Worked remote or want to give it a shot.
- Used Dribbble and been active in the community. That's not to say you've got to be famous, but we need someone who knows and loves (or at least likes) what we do.
If you think you would enjoy working remotely on a small team that loves building products and helping designers share and find work, please consider joining us.
Please send a cover letter/statement with your application. It doesn't have to be long, but it's really important. Team fit is critical for a company of our size, so help us get to know you a bit.
We've got some truly excellent perks:
- Work from anywhere. We are a 100% distributed team.
- Stay healthy. Full medical and dental for you and your family.
- Unplug. Unlimited paid-time-off.
- Pro tools. MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.
- Get your learn on. We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family leave. 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave for US employees.
- Perk up. Monthly coffee budget so you’re not just loitering at coffee shops.
- Buff up. Gym and exercise reimbursements so that you stay fit.
- Save up. Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out. Meet up with your remote team face-to-face. Each time we’ll meet up in a different city around the world.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!